Friday, September 21, 2007

Letter to the Editor:

September 6, 2007

Dear Star Telegram Editor:

Get out of Iraq now!

The surge is working. Give it more time.

No matter how long it takes, we must stay until the job is finished.

Good patriotic Americans are passionately making these arguments everyday around the water coolers, on the street corners, and over the back fence. I have my opinion but very truthfully I am as ignorant as everyone else. How could I or any other mere citizens know when or how to get out with the best interest of the United States of America being served? None of us know why we bombed a restaurant in the heart of Baghdad and advised the tanks in Kuwait to stop warming your engines and roll. If we did, a consensus would form overnight and arguments about when and how to get out would cease.

The knowledge of why we went in is known by only a few of our leaders in the executive branch of our government and they aren’t talking any more. All of their original excuses have been proven to be lies. They won’t consider telling the truth unless force is exercised.

What legal force is available? Impeachment is all that comes to my mind. If our President really cooperates during the impeachment and afterwards maybe he can avoid being tried and convicted as a war criminal.

Sincerely,



Joe Hays

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really would like to know the real reason(s) the administration chose to enter Iraq. More importantly, how do we get out?

Anonymous said...

Well Joe, I suppose you heard about the order the Supreme Court issued earlier today. They say in their order that they have completed their recount of the votes caste in the Nobel Prize committee last week, and that, according to their recount, George W. Bush, and not Al Gore, actually won this year's Nobel Peace Prize. This does not really come as any surprise. "W" has done a lot of work toward maintaining international peace, right? The Court's order gives Gore 24 hours to hand his Nobel Peace prize over to W.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

Anonymous said...

Joe, I enjoyed reading your blog. I know Carolyn is proud as I am. Thank you! Barbra

Anonymous said...

Joe, I enjoyed reading your blog. I know Carolyn is proud as I am. Thank you! Barbra

Unknown said...

I recognize your name from one of the boxes of my grandfather's things (I think anyways). Did you know a Nathan M. Jacobson? He was Co-Pilot of the Worry Bird under Hoke Shore in the 707th. I'm fascinated by all the things you guys did in WWII! I hope all is well with you.